miércoles, 24 de abril de 2013

My man´s new shirt

One of the fabrics from my Birthday Batch was a blue plaid, sought out by my husband for the shirt I promised him more than a year ago.

I used this pattern, view E, the cowboy version. I made him the smallest size, and although I like the way it fits around his body, the sleeves are to short and the collar is too narrow, the upper button doesn't close without him choking, which could come in handy in the future, but for now I enjoy having him around... (Just kidding!) So next time I'll be sewing a bigger size.

On this blog I saw another version of this shirt, and I really, really like it. I'll try to remember next time to cut the yokes and pockets on the bias. I messed around a lot trying to line up the stripes, but it didn´t work out entirely. I'll also have to buy more fabric next time if I want to put the bias-plan into action...

He was very excited about having his own photoshoot, he kept inventing new poses and wouldn´t let me stop taking pictures, so here they are: my man (Am I not the luckiest girl in the world?) and his shirt...



1 comentario:

  1. Love this plaid! You could try ordering snaps online. Here's one source recommended to me (I havent purchased anything from this site, but might in the future): SnapSource.com

    ResponderEliminar